This "Learn to Fish" lesson near Toronto, Ontario is a practical hands-on 3 to 4 hour fishing lesson, covering everything.
These guide-instructed lessons are for those who want to learn how to fish in Ontario or wish to improve their present fishing skills.
Links To Our Selection Of Fishing Trips on the Grand River
Learn to Fish . Shoreline Wading . Fly Fishing Lessons . Spey Casting Lessons . Drift Boat Trips
Bass Fishing Trips . Steelhead Fishing Trips . Nith River Trips . Overnight Packages
Bait Casting or Spin-Casting fishing lesson... where you not only learn how to fish, but have the opportunity to fish under the guidance of a knowledgeable river guide.
During the "Learn to Fish" lesson our Guides teach the following:
- choosing the correct reel and rod
- how to tie proper knots
- different techniques for rigging fishing weights
- how to cast and retrieve techniques
- choice of baits, lure actions and colours
- learning where the fish are and when to fish
- Setting the hook in a fish and line tension
- Safely handling the fish and removing the hook
- How to read the fishing regulations
- How to do your part in fish conservation ethics
- Complimentary Learn To Fish Instructional Notes
In partnership with BAER Fishing Adventures of Southern Ontario.
Learn to fish on a river... the beautiful Grand River of Southern Ontario.
Costs per Person:
Includes a 3-4 hour instructional fishing lesson, an instructor, all fishing equipment and email access to your instructor for advice in the future if you have any questions. The prices below do not include the 13% Ontario HST tax.
| Number of People
| Cost per Person
If wishing to do a "learn to fish lesson" in a boat instead please contact us for a quote.
What you need to bring:
- A fishing license if between the age of 18 to 65 years of age (we can help you with this... just ask!)
- Sun glasses, sun screen, a hat, insect repellent, solid soled shoes for wading on a rocky bottom and shorts... be prepared to go in the water.
- A backpack with lunch, 2 water, a camera for taking pictures
- You don't need to swim to enjoy fishing this shallow river.
Come and experience fishing the Grand River... the perfect place to learn.