Educational Bus Tours of the Six Nations Grand River Territorries . Reservations Required
Step from the textbooks... into the Land of the Haudenosaunee
These Six Nations Tourism bus tours are designed as an educational experience.
A Haudenosaunee guide will travel in your bus... allowing you to experience the Six Nations Territories through their eyes.
The bus tours are available year round, but advance reservations are required.
Luke & Leland singing together to the White Oaks High School
These bus tour offers students the opportunity to speak directly with community members. The goal is to tear down the stereotypes and share the little known history and culture of Six Nations with students.
You can contact Six Nations Tourism directly to make tour arrangements... or do a joint educational day with Six Nations Tourism and Grand River Rafting educational programs.
Prices for a 2-3 hour bus tour with local guide is $250 for up to 10 people... and $25 for each additional person beyond. There is no HST tax.
See the "Build Your Own Trip" menu below.
Please note the above price does not include costs for Burger Barn lunch or a Lacrosse Experience.
Home of the Six Nations Tourism... start your bus trip here.
Bus Menu Options... Build Your Own Trip
Six Nations Tourism can design a bus tour fitted for your curriculum and time window... below is a list of options to choose from:
- Start with an Orientation and Welcome at the Six Nations Tourism... then travel with a guide for selected experiences as you drive through the roads of the Six Nations Territories.
- Tour the oldest pre-confederate native Mansion... the home of Pauline Johnson, author of “The Song My Paddle Sings”
- Visit Irografts a local craft, book and gift shop
- Try your hand at Lacrosse... a Haudenosaunee medicine game.
- Visit the immersion language school where they teach Mohawk and Cayuga languages.
- See the meeting placewhere the RCMP illegally stormed and removed the Confederacy Chiefs.
- Learn about the Longhouse and traditional political, social and faith beliefs.
- Meet Haudenosaunee artists and learn about how culture has influenced and inspired their art.
- See and learn about the impact of the tobacco industry
- Visit the Proclamation Monument
- Visit the Six Nations Polytechnic school and the Indigenous Knowledge Center
- Tour the unique police station
- Pre-ordered lunch at the famous Burger Barn
- Visit the Mississaugas of New Credit Territory
- See Ohsweken, Ohsweken Speedway or the famous Jukasa Recording Studio
Other Learning Experiences Nearby
- Mohawk Chapel
- The Mohawk Residential School
- Woodland Cultural Centre
- Grand River Dinner Cruise through the Six Nations of the Grand River Territory
- Paddle the Grand River from Onondaga to Chiefswood